POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced piano instructor with outstanding abilities to teach students of all ages, especially younger children. The current piano department is comprised of twelve faculty members who teach private lessons and coach chamber music.
- Teach private lessons.
- Teach group classes based on department need.
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house.
- Explore opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Potential opportunities to work with the school’s community and summer programs.
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
START: January 3, 2019. Thursday availability preferred.
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing
together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over
900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early
childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra,
music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for
strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications.