Organization: Powers Music School
Position: Viola Instructor (part-time)
POSITION: Powers Music School seeks an experienced viola instructor with outstanding abilities to teach students of all ages. The current string department is comprised of twenty-two faculty members who teach private and group lessons, coach chamber music, and run orchestra sectionals.
- Teach beginning group viola class at our Saturday Morning Music School, 9 to 10 am.
- Substitute for other string faculty as available.
- Attend annual faculty meeting and open house.
- Potential opportunities to build private studio at Powers and work with the school’s community and summer programs.
- Master’s degree in performance, pedagogy or equivalent work experience.
- Documented successful teaching experience.
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
START: January 2, 2019
LOCATION: A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over 900 students weekly, offering private music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra, music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for strings, chamber music ensembles, and young children.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience and qualifications.