2017 All-State Festival Audition Information
All-State Audition Cutoff Scores
|Jazz Alto Sax||152|
|Jazz Tenor Sax||147|
|Jazz Bari Sax||149|
|Jazz Bass Trombone||142|
- Audition Day
- Audition Registration
- Preparation for Auditions
- Governing Documents
For Festival Registration information, see the All-State Festival & Concert > Festival Registration page.
Location: Shrewsbury HS (Directions)
Date: Saturday, January 21, 2017
Snow Date: Sunday, January 22, 2017
All State Audition Times -- January 21, 2017 -- Shrewsbury High School
The audition schedule by district is indicated in the following table. Note the time that corresponds to the name of your school and your geographic district. Home-schooled students may come at any time during their geographic district's audition times, or arrange a suitable time with Michael Lapomardo, the MMEA Auditions Coordinator, in advance. Contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- Three schools will be randomly assigned from the first time block to audition at the start of auditions.
- Schools sending more than 20 students to auditions may be contacted to schedule a time to avoid congestion.
- NO MORE THAN TWO STUDENTS from one school may request a special audition time.
- Any requests for changes to audition times must be submitted to Michael Lapomardo by January 2, 2017.
|8:15 AM||Northeastern District Schools A-M (+Lexington)|
|9:00 AM||Northeastern District Schools N-Z|
|9:45 AM||Southeastern District Schools A-M|
|10:30 AM||Southeastern District Schools N-Z|
|11:15 AM||Central District Schools A-M|
|1:00 PM||Central District Schools N-Z|
|1:45 PM||Western District Schools A-M|
|2:30 PM||Western District Schools N-Z (+Longmeadow)|
|3:15 PM||Eastern District Schools A-M (+Newton North and South)|
|4:00 PM||Eastern District Schools N-Z|
- The signed Medical Permission Form (link is below) for each student who is auditioning;
- The signed Principal Form for your school. (The Principal Form is accessible when you register your students for auditions.)
- Payment for the amount indicated on the Principal Form.
All State Audition Registration opens Monday, November 28, 2016
All State Audition Registration closes at midnight Friday, December 23.
Late registration: Begins at midnight on December 23 and will close at midnight on Saturday, January 14.
2017 All State Audition Student Registration Fee: $25.00
2017 All State Audition Student Late Registration Fee: $55.00 per student
2017 All State Festival Student Registration Fee: $325.00
Registration website link (URL)
Please use this link to register for All State Auditions: http://massmea.org/festival-reg.
For Festival Registration information and dates, please see the Festival Registration page.
Registration Login Procedure
In order to log in to register students for All-State auditions or the All-State Festival, your school's district code and password and your NAfME credentials are required, as follows:
- District Code: The username for each school is the District Code of your particular school - different for each High School. Just the District Code (3 digits) - the name of your school is not part of the username.
- Password: Unique to each school, and different from the password you use for District Auditions. If your school's contact person is the same as last year, you can retrieve your password using the "Forgotten Password" link on the registration page.
- NAfME ID: Your NAfME member number is required in order to log in.
- NAfME Primary Email address: This is the email address you gave to NAfME when you obtained or renewed your NAfME membership.
Please note: You can retrieve your NAfME credentials at any time by visiting http://www.nafme.org/find-your-account/.
Assistance: If you need assistance with your username/password, please email Rick Lueth, at email@example.com.
Audition List Updates
Harp -- First movement only. -- Updated 11/22/2016
All students auditioning for Concert Piano must submit their audition online using GetAcceptd. Live auditions will not be considered. All audition details and required audition excerpts are included in this document: 2017 All State Concert Piano Audition.
Students who do not have access to a 4.3 octave marimba may adjust the notes to play on a 4 octave marimba without penalty.
Shrewsbury High School will provide the following instruments for auditions. Students are encouraged to bring their own auxiliary instruments if they are more comfortable auditioning with them.
- Musser ProVibe - 3 octaves (for Jazz vibe players)
- Musser M300 Classic Grand Marimba - 4.3 octaves
- Ludwig Copper Timpani
- Pearl Maple Shell Snare - 6.5"
- Pearl Concert Bass - 36"
- Zildjian Symphonic Viennese Crash Cymbals - 20"
- Grover Concert Tambourine - SV Series
- Grover Super-Overtone Triangle - 6" Carbon steel with pro wood clip and SV beaters
All-State Vocal Audition Tracks
Note: the recordings are correct --
Tenor - measure 18 beat three should be F natural;
Tenor - measure 34 beat three syllable should be “vo” instead of “vi”.
Angelus Ad Pastores
Practice Tracks (mp3 format) == Soprano | Alto | Tenor | Bass | SATB
Audition Tracks (mp3 format) == Soprano | Alto | Tenor | Bass
The version of Angelus that students are preparing from does not have any dynamic markings. Please use the following file as a reference to dynamics in the piece. Please contact Michael Lapomardo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any other questions.
- Major key
- Simple time signature
- 8 measures long
- May not be in the key of the solo piece
- May include skips, leaps and accidental changes
Please read through the entire handbook and forms. There have been some significant changes and revisions for 2017. If you have further questions please contact Michael Lapomardo directly at email@example.com.
All State Handbook: 2017 All State Handbook, v3.2
All State Medical Form: 2017 All State Medical Form (3 pages)
Bass Clarinet |
Alto Sax |
Tenor Sax |
Trumpet | French Horn | Trombone | Bass Trombone | Euphonium TC | Euphonium BC | Tuba
Jazz Alto Sax | Jazz Tenor Sax | Jazz Baritone Sax | Jazz Trumpet | Jazz Trombone | Jazz Bass Trombone
Jazz Piano | Jazz Guitar | Jazz Vibe | Jazz Bass
Harp | Harp Arpeggio
Violin | Viola | Cello | String Bass