Scholarships & Symphony Hall Scholars (SHS)
Symphony Hall Scholars and Future Symphony Hall Scholars Grants
We are revising out Grant Form. The new one will be available shortly - stay tuned!
Donate using Mail-In Form or with debit card, credit card, or PayPal:
Symphony Hall Scholars, originally created to help defray some of the costs for students at Symphony Hall, now has a deeper mission. Future Symphony Hall Scholars gives block grants to school districts and programs that need financial assistance across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, promoting the next generations of All State musicians. Won’t you join us and be a part of that essential mission?
Over the past years, MMEA members, corporate sponsors, and community music organizations through their donations have allowed Future Symphony Hall Scholars Grants to be disbursed totaling over $25,000 to expand music education experiences for students and programs. The grants have proven to be remarkably successful by allowing more students to audition for districts up to and including All State, and to plant seeds in younger students. Community situations and funding would not have allowed for these types of experiences without outside support. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2018 GRANT RECIPIENTS:
Josiah Quincy Upper School - Boston
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
South Community High School - Worcester
How can I be a part of this program?
As SHS continues to expand the Future Symphony Hall Scholars Grant program, and looks for other ways to support students in need, we continue to ask MMEA members, businesses and corporate sponsors, and community organizations to donate. The expansion of our funding base allows us to support more students and more communities.
How do I donate?
There are three ways to donate:
- Use the PayPal option above;
- Use the donation Mail-In Form and mail a check;
- Donate in person at the SHS Booth at the All State Conference.
How Do I Apply for a Grant?
- You must be a member of MMEA to be eligible
- Download the FSHS Grant Application, fill it out, and send in by the indicated deadline date. Grant applications should be received by July 1st.
- Feel free to contact the SHS Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to explore some potential grant ideas.
- Finally, don’t forget to donate yourself, as the more donations, the more grants. Mail-In Form
Grant applications should be received by July 1st. They are reviewed by the SHS committee. All that applied will be notified by September 1st, and the funds will be sent in September. We encourage grant recipients to keep the SHS Committee apprised of your program’s progress throughout the school year.