Symphony Hall Scholars
Donate using Mail-In Form or with debit card, credit card, or PayPal:
As MMEA addresses Strategic Direction 3: Diversity & Inclusion, the committee responsible for Symphony Hall Scholars will help the organization to promote practices, policies, and procedures to ensure that all students have access to a music education that values diverse musical practices and inclusive opportunities.
Each year there are a number of students from under-served communities who struggle to find the funds to participate in the All State Festival and/or lack the preparation to participate. The charge of this committee is to investigate festival practices and policies to address: inequality of access to festivals and auditions, and geographical barriers for state festivals and conferences. The funds raised and distributed will promote the next generation of All State musicians representing the diverse communities of the Commonwealth. The financial assistance provides greater access, over time, as an investment in assisting promising music students who, due to lack of resources, cannot compete or participate. A portion of the funds raised will also help defray some of the cost of the All State Concert for those who are selected to participate
How can I be a part of this program?
- Become a corporate sponsor
- Have your community organization partner with MMEA to assist under-served populations of the Commonwealth as they provide educational outreach to improve access and skill level
- Volunteer for a MMEA committee
How do I donate?
There are several ways to donate:
- Use the PayPal option above;
- Use the donation Mail-In Form and mail a check payable to MMEA with Symphony Hall Scholars in the memo line; and
- Donate in Person at any MMEA event registration table/booth.
Your support helps MMEA provide a comprehensive and innovative quality music education for all students by promoting best professional practices for music educators and the students they teach throughout our Commonwealth.